RapidMiner builds software for real data science, fast and simple. We make data science teams more productive through a single platform that unifies data prep, machine learning, and model deployment. More than 200,000 users in over 150 countries use RapidMiner products to acquire more customers, reduce financial risk, and increase operational performance.
RapidMiner boasts a strong list of customers from across the globe in a broad spectrum of industries including leading pharmaceutical, media, manufacturing, and retail companies.
We are VC backed with headquarters in Boston, MA and have locations in Dortmund (Germany), London (UK), and Budapest (Hungary).
For more information, visit www.rapidminer.com.
The product team is looking for a documentation leader to join our Dortmund office who has experience in both writing technical documentation and leading others to contribute. In this role, you will lead our efforts to manage and enhance our product documentation together with our development teams.
As a technical leader, you will set the standard for excellence for our documentation, ensuring that we deliver technically accurate, well-written, understandable, and customer-focused documentation. You’ll help set and be expected to deliver on aggressive goals for documenting new features and services, as well as improving the quality of the existing documentation. The engineers will write most of the documentation led by your directives, training, and editing; with the goal of delivering documentation that our users love. Main responsibilities are:
- Drive the documentation strategy and planning together with product management, engineering teams, and coordinate with our community and education managers for overall content strategies and plans.
- Define corresponding projects and set goals to deliver new documentation and improve existing documentation.
- Lead and guide the engineers in writing documentation for products and services.
- Produce high-quality documentation for our existing products RapidMiner Studio, RapidMiner Server, RapidMiner Radoop as well as new emerging products, components and services - mainly, through editing work done by engineers, but also through back-filling and updating existing documentation as needed.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Technical Writing, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 3 - 5 years' experience writing technical and/or software documentation.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills and experience in leading projects involving team members from multiple departments.
- Knowledge and experience with software, cloud-based services, or IT infrastructure (or equivalent fields).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Detail-oriented, self-organized, independent working style.
- Data analysis or data science knowledge and experience is preferred, but not required.
- Previous experience working in an agile programming environment is also preferred, but not required.
- A proactive and open-minded attitude to resolving problems and delivering results.
- Knowledge of HTML and Markdown, or the willingness to learn them.
RapidMiner offers highly competitive salaries, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
RapidMiner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
RapidMiner doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with RapidMiner.