Java Software Engineer - Spark, Hadoop, Data Science
RapidMiner builds tools for data scientists (“Real data science, fast and simple!”). We make data science teams more productive through a single platform that unifies data prep, machine learning, and model deployment.
More than 450,000 users in over 150 countries use RapidMiner products to acquire more customers, reduce financial risk, and increase operational performance. RapidMiner boasts a strong list of customers from across the globe in a broad spectrum of industries including leading pharmaceutical, media, manufacturing, and retail companies. We also have been in the leaders quadrant of the „Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Science Platforms“ for the past 6 years straight.
We are venture capital (VC) backed with headquarters in Boston (MA, USA) and have locations in Dortmund (Germany), Budapest (Hungary), and London (UK).
Title: Software Engineer
Department: Research & Development
Hiring Office: RapidMiner Kft., Aradi utca 8-10., 1062 Budapest, Hungary
We are now looking for a Software Engineer to be part of our Big Data team delivering the best data science experience on top of Hadoop ecosystem for our new and existing enterprise customers. The major focus of this team is on the Radoop product which is an essential part of the whole Rapidminer Platform. Your role will include participating in every phase of a typical Scrum software development cycles following Scrum methodology.
- pick up new concepts, tools and technologies in the ever changing ecosystem of Big Data, Data Warehouse and Data Science Technologies
- relentlessly improve our software and beat the bugs
- debug into opensource libraries (H2O, Spark, HDFS, YARN, Hive) to find the best integration points
- support our customers and community by effectively communicate, analyze, troubleshoot and resolve wide range of technical issues
- make your mark! design, develop and deliver your innovate ideas as part of the product roadmap
- flexibility to travel may be required from time to time
This isn't a checklist - if you think you would be a good candidate, apply! But here are some things we are looking for:
- Must: Masters degree or equivalent business experience in Computer Science or a related area
- Must: At least 2 years of extensive Java development experience
- Must: Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to explore computational and storage complexity of different complex data science algorithms
- Track record of conducting constructive code-reviews
- Experience in test automation and quality assurance
- Developer or operational experience in a Hadoop distribution eg.: CDH, HDP, MapR, EMR, Apache
- Experience of using any of the APIs provided by Spark, HDFS, Hadoop, Yarn, Hive, H2O, BigQuery, S3, TensorFlow, Kafka
- Proficiency in Git, Jenkins, Dockerized environments, Cloud computing and Infrastructure as Code
- RapidMiner, data mining, AI algorithms
- Solid baseline knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- Business understanding, delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Desire and ability to learn any of the above if needed
RapidMiner offers highly competitive salaries and unparalleled growth and development opportunities – all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
- Flexible working hours and possibility to occasionally work from home
- Modern office equipment (e.g. laptop)
- Free beverages, fruit, and other goodies
- Table tennis table to challenge your peers after lunch
- Great team spirit, fun events (e.g., escape rooms, office golf, or destroying the Dortmund team in laser tag)
- Easily accessible location (Oktogon, Budapest)
RapidMiner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
RapidMiner doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with RapidMiner.