RapidMiner, the industry’s #1 open source data science platform, is disrupting the industry by empowering all organizations to put data science behind every decision. Our visually-based software accelerates the process of creating predictive analytics models and makes it easy to get the results embedded in business operations. RapidMiner also democratizes data science through its expert marketplace by connecting its vast community of expert users with organizations seeking to begin data science projects at a fraction of the cost of existing solutions. RapidMiner brings artificial intelligence to the enterprise through an open and extensible data science platform. Built for analytics teams, RapidMiner unifies the entire data science lifecycle from data prep to machine learning to predictive model deployment. More than 450,000 analytics professionals use RapidMiner products to drive revenue, reduce costs, and avoid risks.
RapidMiner boasts a strong and successful list of customers from a broad spectrum of industries including world leading pharmaceutical, media and marketing companies as well as telecommunication and manufacturing companies.
RapidMiner is VC backed with headquarters in Boston, MA and has locations in Dortmund (Germany), London (UK) and Budapest (Hungary).
Title: Sales Engineer
Education Requirement: Masters Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or other technical field
Hiring Office: RapidMiner, London
Scope of Role
We are currently looking for a Sales Engineer / Data Scientist with strong machine learning background capable of delivering solutions that combine product engineering with data science fundamentals. The ideal candidate will have experience in delivering sophisticated machine learning solutions and working in enterprise IT environments. Programming, dashboarding experience is a plus.
- As a Presales engineer you will present RapidMiner Studio, Server, Radoop, RTSA and other future products features and functions to prospective customers, partners, and differentiate with competitive solutions to enable Sales team and RapidMiner to meet its goal and targets
- Work closely with Prospects, Customer and Account Executives to determine clients’ business needs and map those to Data Science problems.
- Recommend solutions to business problems utilizing RapidMiner platform and auxiliary technologies.
- Deliver proof of concept engagements working closely with prospect and customers.
- Provide recommendations for architecture, security, scalability and other Enterprise needs of Customers/prospects.
- Provide guidance to technology partners for integrating RapidMiner with complimentary technologies.
- Act as a liaison between customers and product engineering for short term and long term customer needs.
- Contribute to best practices, knowledge base and product road map based on external feedback and research.
- Attend training with engineering functions to gain expert knowledge of product internals.
- Attend training in data science and statistical methods including classification and regression techniques, clustering and segmentation, correlation and covariance, and other methods with experts from RapidMiner team.
- Hands-on experience with advanced data science techniques like classification, regression, clustering etc.
- Hands-on with advanced data mining technologies like RapidMiner, Python, R, SAS, SPSS and others
- 2 years’ experience in Data Analytics and Data Visualization with advanced tools like Tableau, Spotfire, Qlikview etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Other languages are a plus.
RapidMiner offers highly competitive salaries, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
RapidMiner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis..
RapidMiner doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with RapidMiner.