Full Stack Software Engineer (m/f/d) - Data Science
RapidMiner builds tools for data scientists (“Real data science, fast and simple!”). We make data science teams more productive through a single platform that unifies data prep, machine learning, and model deployment.
More than 500,000 users in over 150 countries use RapidMiner products to acquire more customers, reduce financial risk, and increase operational performance. RapidMiner boasts a strong list of customers from across the globe in a broad spectrum of industries including leading pharmaceutical, media, manufacturing, and retail companies. We also have been in the leaders quadrant of the „Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Science Platforms“ for the past 5 years straight.
We are venture capital (VC) backed with headquarters in Boston (MA, USA) and have locations in Dortmund (Germany), Budapest (Hungary), and London (UK).
Title: Full Stack Software Engineer
Department: Research & Development
Hiring Office: RapidMiner GmbH, Dortmund, Germany
To strengthen our RapidMiner Platform Development Team, we are looking for talented and motivated full stack software engineers (m/f/d). The RapidMiner Platform is the team in charge of the core data science execution services, the corresponding front-ends, as well as, delivering and evolving our flagship product RapidMiner Studio. As part of an agile and product oriented development team, you will play an important role in enabling Data Science teams to work productively together and generate better results.
Typical tasks of the RapidMiner Platform team are:
- Design and implementation of new back-end components and services to execute distributed and scalable RapidMiner processes
- Design and implementation of new user interfaces for our platform
- Implement new data science algorithms, data engineering, and visualization modules
- Support of our existing customers
Your role as a Full Stack Software Engineer (m/f/d) will be to solve complex problems with your team ranging from implementing new services, algorithms, and visualization paradigms to improving the ease of use. Based on the user feedback, you will develop new features as well as improve existing ones and have a direct influence on the client experience. You will collaborate with other software engineers, designers, and the product owner to reach our goal - to deliver innovation, performance, and secure solutions that will impress our customers. You will learn and bring your experience to deliver high quality products by ensuring the proper testing, code reviews in a continuous integration, and delivery context.
- Participation to code and feature reviews
- Participation to the requirements, architecture and UI/UX discussions
- Communication of the results to other teams or departments
- Active participation to the Scrum meetings (daily stand-up, backlog refinement, sprint review, etc.)
- Investigating, fixing, and future prevention of problems and bugs
- Improve the usability, stability, and performance of existing components
What we are looking for
This isn't a checklist - if you think you would be a good candidate, apply! But here are some things we are looking for:
- Master's degree or equivalent business experience in Computer Science or a related area
- Java development knowledge or experience (or another object-oriented language)
- A team-player spirit
- A constant will to improve and learn new concepts, technologies, and tools
- A readiness to own the responsibility of the developed software from the development to the deployment to the customers
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
Furthermore, it would be great if you have experience in one or more of the following fields:
- Spring ecosystem (e.g. Spring Boot)
- Experience with React or similar
- Java Test Frameworks (e.g., JUnit)
- Build automation tools (e.g., Gradle, Maven)
- Continuous integration tools (e.g., Jenkins)
- Architecture and API design
RapidMiner offers highly competitive salaries and development opportunities – all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment:
- A state of the art IT equipment of your choice
- A modern office with standing desks and ergonomic chairs
- Flexible working hours and possibility to occasionally work from home
- Free beverages, fruit, and other goodies
- Table tennis and table football to challenge your peers after lunch
- Social events (e.g., escape rooms, office or football golf, Laser tag, yoga courses, etc.)
RapidMiner doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with RapidMiner.