Support Engineer - Customer Success
RapidMiner is the leading data science platform for teams. RapidMiner products are used by over 450,000 users across 30,000+ organizations and 4,000+ universities. We’re VC backed, with headquarters in Boston, MA and locations in Dortmund (Germany), London (UK), and Budapest (Hungary).
We are looking for a committed and high-performing Support Manager (m/f/d) to join our Customer Success Team, strengthening our approach to deliver value and business success in a complex enterprise application stack.
Your primary goal is to establish a reliable communication channel to our clients, prospects, and partners helping them with various types of technical inquiries. Furthermore, you will help to deploy and use our products in a data science driven application stack. This includes architecture planning, deployment building, and maintenance operations in a diverse enterprise environment.
You work closely with our clients supporting them to understand usage and configuration of RapidMiner applications, identify issues, and requirements while achieving the right level of connectivity, scalability, and resilience to successfully drive the use cases and deliver business value.
You will work in a rapidly evolving field providing the chance, as well as, raising the need to learn about new fascinating techniques in the field of data science, predictive analytics, cloud computing, and enterprise software.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Customer technical support – engage with customers, prospects, as well as, RapidMiner field teams, engineering, and product management to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Drive customer success – work closely with the customers, prospects and partners building state of the art application deployments using RapidMiner software in a complex enterprise environment helping our clients to achieve success in a variety of use cases
- Communicate RapidMiner – manage relationships between RapidMiner and our clients to provide a reliable communication channel for all kinds of technical inquiries
- Work with the team – use your experience and application insight to support RapidMiner teams in a variety of scenarios
- Three or more years of customer support or IT management experience
- Analytics or IT management background
- Experience in using and administrating data science tools (i.e. RapidMiner, SAS, SPSS, R, Python) and/or enterprise applications stacks (AWS, Azure, RDBMS, ActiveDirectory, BI applications, etc.)
- Willingness to learn about new technologies in the field of data science and enterprise applications, both cloud based and on premise
- Strong communication skills and commitment to work with clients via ticket systems, phone calls, and web meetings
- English language fluency – another language (German, Spanish, French) is not essential but is a plus
- Sense of urgency, pragmatism, and a solution-oriented approach to solving problems
- Interest in software development and basic knowledge of scripting and programming languages like Python and Java
- Knowledge of standard tools for system administration in Windows and Linux environments
- Enjoy building application deployments and integrating systems to existing workflows
- Passion for analytical thinking and technical investigations
- Experience in using standard tools in customer relationship management and development environment, such as Salesforce, Confluence, and Jira
- Collaborative, team oriented, yet able to initiate and drive customer support engagements
RapidMiner offers highly competitive salaries, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities - all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
RapidMiner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
RapidMiner does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that does not have a signed agreement with RapidMiner.