Machine Learning Software Developer (Java)
RapidMiner builds machine learning and data science software and provides the leading unified data science platform for easy-to-use real data science and for lightning fast business impact. Our visually-based software accelerates the process of creating predictive analytics models and makes it easy to automate processes and embed automatically generated predictions and results in business operations. We make data analytics teams more productive through a single platform that unifies data preparation, machine learning, model validation, automation, and deployment. More than 500,000 users in over 150 countries use RapidMiner products to acquire more customers, reduce financial risk, optimize manufacturing processes, and increase operational performance. RapidMiner boasts a strong list of customers from across the globe in a broad spectrum of industries including leading automotive, aviation, chemical, electronics, internet, manufacturing, media, pharmaceutical, and retail companies. RapidMiner has been in the leaders’ quadrant of the “Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Science Platforms” for the past 5 years straight.
The Java-based RapidMiner platform supports heterogenous teams and diverse user groups from experienced coding data scientist by seamlessly integrating Python, R, and Groovy scripts, providing a Java API, and allowing easy-to-develop extensions as well as non-coding data analysts and application domain experts with guided analytics, automated machine learning (AutoModel / AutoML) and optimization, and visual data mining process design and result visualization.
RapidMiner is venture capital (VC) backed with headquarters in Boston (Massachusetts, USA) and offices in Dortmund (Germany), Budapest (Hungary), and London (UK). The data science research team and most of the product development is located in Dortmund (Germany), where RapidMiner was founded.
Title: Machine Learning Software Developer (Java)
Hiring Office: RapidMiner GmbH, Westfalendamm 87, 44141 Dortmund, Germany
Travel Requirements: Yes, but moderate
SCOPE OF ROLE
The Research team at RapidMiner seeks passionate software developers to be part of our agile team, to develop innovative machine learning and predictive analytics solutions, shape the future of what is possible with machine learning, and to enable others to leverage these opportunities.
Your activities include:
- Contribution to and responsibility for R&D projects with the goal to design and build innovative data mining algorithms, solutions, applications and pilot projects
- Collaboration with R&D project partners, i.e. universities, research organizations, and companies
- Documentation of software, solutions, applications, and results.
- Support of the RapidMiner product development team and the overall RapidMiner team
- Work on innovative data mining and predictive analytics solutions in diverse industries
- Cooperate with partners from various companies, research organizations, and universities
- Develop innovative extensions for our predictive analytics software platform RapidMiner
- Analyze new use cases and generalize your solution to create re-usable application templates
- Good graduate degree (M.Sc. or Ph.D.) in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, or a comparable qualification
- Analytical skills and the ability to translate application problems into data mining solutions
- Java programming experience
- Good English language skills in written and oral form
- Ability to work in an agile team as well as autonomously
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
We welcome applications by experienced data scientists as well as by fresh graduates.
Experience in any of the following areas is a plus:
- Machine learning algorithms and data mining process design
- Data stream processing and/or data stream mining
- Data mining tools like RapidMiner, Weka, KNIME, SAS, SPSS, or Statistica
- Data stream processing tools and libraries like SPARK, SPARK Streaming, Kafka, or Flink
- Machine learning libraries like scikit-learn, MLPy, TensorFlow, Keras, DL4J, etc.
- Web technologies, cloud computing, GUI development, and/or NoSQL
- Data mining research projects or data mining industry projects
- HTML5 visualizations
- German or other language skills
RapidMiner offers highly competitive salaries and unparalleled growth and development opportunities – all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
RapidMiner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
RapidMiner doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with RapidMiner.