Head of AI Cloud Team - Data Science
RapidMiner is reinventing enterprise AI so that anyone has the power to positively shape the future. We’re doing this by enabling ‘data loving’ people of all skill levels, across the enterprise, to rapidly create and operate AI solutions to drive immediate business impact. We offer a single platform that unifies data prep, machine learning, and model operations. We also have been designated as leaders in our white hot market by both Gartner and Forrester, in the "Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Science Platforms“ for the past 6 years straight and the “Forrester Wave Multimodal Predictive Analytics and Machine Learning Solutions” for two years running.
More than 30,000 organizations in over 150 countries rely on RapidMiner to increase revenue, cut costs, and reduce risk. We are venture capital (VC) backed with headquarters in Boston (MA, USA) and locations in Dortmund (Germany), Budapest (Hungary), and London (UK).
Title: Head of AI Cloud team, (m/f)
Department: Research & Development
Hiring office: RapidMiner Kft, Aradi utca 8-10., 1062 Budapest, Hungary
Our AI Cloud team is on the mission to take our existing machine learning platform to the next level. The team is focused to deliver web-based solutions for data scientists who are keen on adding value to their work quickly, without compromises.
You will be leading one of our key projects from conceptualizing ideas to bringing them into production. We understand that the engineers are attached to the software they are building, so you are welcome to be vocal about your own ideas and about product decisions. Besides technical discussions, you are invited for regular user research and discovery meetings to build and enhance your understanding about our business.
Scope of Role
- You build and lead a team of three to four full stack developers
- You solve problems together with your team and produce first-class code for the front-end and back-end in equal measure
- You design a scalable architecture for our platform, that can be deployed on premise and on the cloud
- In code reviews, you give and receive valuable feedback
- You push your code regularly and take responsibility for your CI/CD pipeline, as well as, a high degree of automation
- You collaborate across teams to define, design, and ship new features for the platform
- Team leadership experience
- Experience in agile environment, fast development cycles, continuous integration and deployment
- Experience with Spring offerings (Boot, Security, Data, etc.), Hibernate
- Experience with messaging and distributed services architecture
- Experience with any of the cloud providers, preferably AWS
- Very good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong focus on user experience and desire for creating innovative user interfaces
- Experience with RapidMiner or other analytical tools is a plus
RapidMiner offers competitive salaries and development opportunities – all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment:
- Flexible working hours and possibility to occasionally work from home
- Modern office equipment
- Free snacks, fruit, and other goodies
- Table tennis to challenge your peers after lunch
- Great team spirit and fun events (e.g., escape rooms, office golf, or destroying the Dortmund team in laser tag)
- Easily accessible location (Oktogon, Budapest)
RapidMiner doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with RapidMiner.